LondaLocs

LondaLocs

Long Division
Kiese Laymon
Ender's Game (Movie Tie-In)
Orson Scott Card
The Creature Department
Robert Paul Weston
Perfect Peace: A Novel
Daniel Black
Twelve Years a Slave
Solomon Northup, Richard Allen

The Evil from Above

The Evil from Above - Tony Ruggiero Gargoyles! Never really thought about them much before reading this book, but I will certainly keep my eye out from now on. When an idea POPS into your head, do you ever wonder where that idea came from? Sam is a writer suffering from the ever dreaded writer's block until events in his life start resembling the characters' lives in his book. Or was it the other way around? That wouldn't be so bad if these influences were benign, but unfortunately they are malicious and feed on human ambition.

I found this book to be an interesting read. My biggest issue with it was that the intro chapters gave me too MUCH background information. It made the rest of the story drag a bit because I kept waiting for all the 'evil' that was alluded to in the beginning to really get cracking. The last chapters had a nice twist and plenty of action.

Overall, I would recommend this book. For some reason, I wish I would have read it in the autumn/winter months. Just seems like a book best read with a blanket wrapped around you and a cup of hot chocolate.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Received this as a Goodreads giveaway. Review is unbiased!