LondaLocs

LondaLocs

Long Division
Kiese Laymon
Ender's Game (Movie Tie-In)
Orson Scott Card
The Creature Department
Robert Paul Weston
Perfect Peace: A Novel
Daniel Black
Twelve Years a Slave
Solomon Northup, Richard Allen
Black Heart, Ivory Bones - Tanith Lee, Michael Cadnum, Joyce Carol Oates, Jane Yolen, Ellen Datlow, Charles de Lint, Susanna Clarke, Esther M. Friesner, Brian M. Stableford, Howard Waldrop, Terri Windling, Greg Costikyan, Scott Bradfield, Leah Cutter, Emma Hardesty, Bryn Kanar, Ellen Steiber, Sever So glad I stuck it out with this anthology of reborn fairy tales. I LOVE fairy tales. Goodreads lists Andrew Lang as one of my favorite authors because I read ALL of the fairy tale collections he put together. I think that is when I first got my true LOVE for reading by reading all of the LANG books..RED, BLUE, PINK, GREEN.. and on and on. I think I love them because they make you ask... "Wouldn't it be great if...?"

Well the first half of this book didn't make me ask that question once. I was about to throw in the towel, but then I got to Chanterelle and I found what I had been looking for in the rest of the stories...The Magic. For me, it's as if all of the great stories were in the last half of the book.

My top 6 were

My Life as a Bird (de Lint)
The Golem (Park)
Mr. Simonelli (Clarke)
Chanterelle (Stableford)
You, Match Girl (Oates) although this one did not feel 'magical'... it was a great story
The Cats of San Martino (Steiber)

So in the end, I would recommend, just start with the last stories first.